Are you and your family foodies always on the lookout for new culinary experiences? Look no further! We’ve got you covered with 18 delicious destinations that will satisfy your cravings and leave you with unforgettable memories. From fresh seafood to mouthwatering desserts, these spots offer something for everyone. Get ready to pack your bags and your appetite!
Get your tastebuds ready!
Before we dive into the destinations, let’s talk about preparing your tastebuds for the adventure ahead. If you’re traveling to a new country, research the local cuisine and try to learn a few phrases to order in the local language. If you’re not globe-trotting, explore the ethnic neighborhoods in your own city for authentic eats. Another tip is to pack a few snacks and drinks for the journey, but leave room for trying new dishes along the way.
18 delicious destinations for foodie families!
- Tokyo, Japan: This city offers some of the best sushi and ramen in the world, but also don’t miss out on the street food like tempura and yakitori.
- New Orleans, Louisiana: Known for Cajun and Creole cuisine, this city is a must-visit for seafood lovers. Be sure to try gumbo, jambalaya, and beignets for dessert.
- San Francisco, California: With its diverse population, San Francisco offers every kind of cuisine imaginable. Head to Chinatown for dim sum, Mission District for burritos, and Fisherman’s Wharf for clam chowder.
- Rome, Italy: Pizza and pasta galore! The birthplace of some of the world’s favorite foods, Rome is a foodie’s paradise. Don’t forget to try gelato for dessert.
- Montreal, Canada: Poutine is a staple in this French-inspired city, but don’t miss out on the smoked meat sandwiches and bagels.
- Bangkok, Thailand: Street food is king in Bangkok, with endless options for spicy, flavorful dishes. Try pad Thai, green curry, and mango sticky rice for dessert.
- Barcelona, Spain: Tapas and paella are the stars of this city’s culinary scene. Don’t forget to indulge in churros con chocolate for breakfast.
- Marrakech, Morocco: Spices and aromatics make up the cuisine in this North African city. Try tagine and couscous for a taste of Morocco.
- Austin, Texas: Known for its BBQ, Austin also offers Tex-Mex cuisine like breakfast tacos and queso dip.
- Taipei, Taiwan: Night markets offer some of the best street food in this city, with stinky tofu and bubble tea being must-tries.
- Paris, France: Croissants, escargots, and cheese, oh my! Paris is a food lover’s dream, with Michelin-starred restaurants and casual bistros on every corner.
- Seoul, South Korea: Korean BBQ and kimchi are the stars of this city’s cuisine. Don’t forget to try bibimbap and fried chicken.
- Mumbai, India: Spices and flavors are abundant in this city’s street food scene. Try vada pav, samosas, and chai tea for a taste of India.
- Portland, Oregon: Known for its food carts, Portland offers a wide variety of cuisines like Thai, Korean, and Mexican. Don’t forget to try the famous Voodoo Doughnuts for dessert.
- Istanbul, Turkey: Kebabs and baklava reign supreme in this Turkish city. Be sure to try Turkish coffee and tea as well.
- Sydney, Australia: Fresh seafood and meat pies are the stars of this city’s cuisine. Don’t forget to try a Lamington for dessert.
- Hanoi, Vietnam: Noodle soups and banh mi sandwiches are the must-tries in this city. Don’t forget to try egg coffee for a unique twist on your morning caffeine fix.
- Copenhagen, Denmark: Danish pastries and smorrebrod sandwiches are the stars of this city’s cuisine. Don’t forget to try some of the famous Nordic cuisine at Noma, one of the world’s best restaurants.
Whether you’re traveling across the globe or exploring your own city, these 18 destinations offer delicious and memorable experiences for foodie families. From street food to Michelin-starred restaurants, there’s something for everyone’s palate. So get ready to pack your bags and your appetite, and embark on a culinary adventure like no other. Bon appétit!